A loss of sponsorships, a petition signed by more than 10,000 demanding Chris Brown be dropped from the bill, and lots of bad media coverage has caused organizers of a July 26 concert at the Kool Haus in Toronto to think about postponing.
Promoters are hoping that heads will cool and that Chris Brown will body roll in peace by the rescheduled date. I doubt it, but have a good show all the same, Christopher.
The Toronto Sun reports:
Sky High Productions founder Baljot Saral said the company may try to pick “a time when there’s more quietness in the industry and where it’s not a lot of bashing on him (Brown).”
At least four sponsors, including Rogers and Molson Coors, have withdrawn sponsorship of the Aug. 31 Energy Rush music festival stop in Halifax after Brown, who was convicted in 2009 of assaulting then-girlfriend Rihanna, was added to the roster. More than 11,000 people have signed an online petition opposing Brown performing in Halifax.
“It’s a lot of bad press. They don’t want to tarnish their own name,” Saral said about the sponsors who withdrew support of the Halifax festival.
“I guess that’s also maybe the reason why we’re looking to reschedule. Just let things cool off and we’re still up for doing business with him.”
Saral said the concert was still planned for July 26 as of Tuesday and the company will make a final decision “within the next day or so.” The Kool Haus didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
His company isn’t looking to reschedule just because of Brown’s “image.” He said it’s also ideal to move the Kool Haus concert because Brown is coming back to the city less than a month later, on Aug. 30, for the Toronto stop on the Energy Rush festival tour.
“Regardless of what the news says about him, he’s still legitimate for business,” Saral added.
The promoter emphasized that the move has nothing to do with Brown’s recent legal troubles and said he’s been assured that the singer won’t have any trouble crossing the border into Canada.
Tagged with: Canada • Celebrity News • Chris Brown • Controversy • Music News • News & Gossip
- Lil Boosie Plans On Releasing Two Post-Prison Albums This Year
- Mimi & Nikko Respond To Sex Tape Critics: “We Didn’t Do Anything Wrong”
- [Video] Lil Wayne – Weezy Wednesdays (Ep. 9)
- [Video] A$AP Twelvyy – Xscape
- Cuba Gooding Jr.’s Wife Files for Separation After 20-Year Marriage
- Watch This School Teacher Twerk On Stage For Juicy J
- Hit-Boy & HS87 – Grindin’ My Whole Life
- Former NBA Player Eric Williams Says He’s Broke & Homeless
- Logic – Alright (Feat. Big Sean)
- Wiz Khalifa Hints At New Project Before “Blacc Hollywood”
- Joey Bada$$ – Mr. Wonderful
- J. Cole Announces 2nd Annual “Dollar And A Dream” Tour
- Young Thug – OMG (Feat. Iamsu!)
- Trinidad Jame$ – 78 Cleveland
- Lil Scrappy & Momma Dee: Diamond Is A Fake, Lying “Industry Ho”
- [Video] Pharrell – Marilyn Monroe
- Chris Brown Assault Trial Delayed, Looks Pretty Rough In Mugshot Photos
- Nene Doesn’t Think Porsha Deserves to Be Fired from “RHOA” Over Fight with Kenya
- Kenya Moore Releases Statement After Fight with Porsha Airs During “Real Housewives Atlanta” Reunion
- [Album Review] Future – Honest